I'm an "educated", young, aesthetically-oriented techie who actually enjoys writing. Blogging should be my thing. But, as you can see, I haven't found the time or motivation to update in quite some time. Yet at the same time, I've had no problems responding to friends' well-scoped questions.
And so, I have an assignment for you. Give me a prompt. You know, like the ones you used to get in high school when they forced you to write essays. Questions that give short answers are fine, but try to ask me a bigger, open-ended questions that's been on your mind. You can give it to me by posting it as a comment or emailing it to me.
Here are a few examples of what you might ask:
- Malaria? Wha really?
- What do you like best about Cameroon? Do you think you'll go back ever?
- How has being there affected your life plans?
- Do you have a car? or a bike? or do you ride the city buses? or taxis? or little mules?
- What is the first thing you're going to do when you get back to America?
- What is the coolest animal you've seen so far?
In turn, I'll post the prompt and my response to it as an new blog entry in the weeks to come. Consider it my New Years' resolution.